Skip to main content


Request for Permission to Enroll in an Individual Study Course

Current OSU Students use this form to request permission to enroll in OSU's Individual Study/Independent Study online courses or call the Office of Individual Study at 405-744-6390. 


  Student using laptop

Online, Self-Paced Individual Study Semester or Short Courses

Instructions for OSU Students.
  1. Current OSU students can enroll in individual/independent study semester and short courses through self-service by logging into Go to registration and browse classes. Select "advanced search" and choose the instructional method "Independent Study".  
  2. Select the course and add to your schedule. You will see a message indicating to call the Individual Study Office for permission. Please email, fill out the form above or call us at or 405-744-6390. Please let us know the class you would like to enroll in and your student ID number. 
  3. Banner will automatically generate an email to you with “Registration Permit/Override Granted.” Once outreach permission has been given, you will be able to enroll during your registration period.  


Individual Study Year-Long Enrollment FormStudent with laptop

Both non-OSU students and OSU students who wish to take a year-long course will enroll through the Individual Study office by phone, fax, or in person. If enrolling in person or by fax, please complete the enrollment form below. The I.S. office is open Monday-Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Central Standard Time). 


Acceptable forms of payment are the following: Visa/MasterCard/Discover; personal check, cashier’s check, or money order payable (in U.S. dollars) to Oklahoma State University. DO NOT SEND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION THROUGH EMAIL. Email is not secure and your credit card information may be stolen. If you are a currently enrolled OSU student without holds, you can use your student ID to charge courses to your Bursar account.


Download and fill out the year-long enrollment form (.pdf).


Back To Top